Toddler who ‘ate mom’s pills’, died from fentanyl overdose was previously hospitalized for 2 overdoses

14 days ago

Baton Rouge news, Louisiana news.

A Louisiana toddler died last June from a fentanyl overdose with authorities now revealing that his mother was hospitalized twice for overdoses before the tragedy.

Whitney Ard, 28, said that she found her 2-year-old son, Mitchell Robinson, blue and unresponsive shortly after he asked for something to eat.

When officers responded to the home, they discovered a bag of white powder next to the toddler’s bowl of cereal. Her daughter told officers that her brother “ate mom’s pills” and that there were a lot of pills on mom’s bed.

To see also:
  • Kansas toddler found dead in hot car after getting trapped inside it as temperatures reached 92F
  • East Baton Rouge Parish investigators said that the toddler was previously hospitalized twice for drug overdoses.

    Two days before the child’s fatal overdose, Ard was released from jail after the Sheriff’s office learned that her home was a drug den.

    Robinson was never removed from Ard’s custody despite his two overdoses and his mom’s arrest for drug charges.