Indonesian specialists have captured a French man for supposed sexual maltreatment of minors in the wake of discovering recordings on his PC him attacking more than 300 kids, police said Friday.
Jakarta police representative Yusri Yunus said Francois Camille Abello was captured before the end of last month in a hotel room where he was found with two exposed young ladies.
He said police had gotten a hint from close by occupants who speculated an outsider at the inn was misusing youngsters.
Abello could confront death by firing squad whenever saw as guilty under child protection laws, Yunus said.
Abello, a 65-year-old retiree, was handcuffed at a news gathering on Thursday where Jakarta Police Chief Nana Sudjana said the recordings on the PC demonstrated him taking part in unlawful sex acts with 305 youngsters matured 10 to 17. Abello stayed quiet at the news meeting.
Sudjana said Abello had not helped out specialists and would not give passwords to programs on his PC.
He said the majority of the victims were street kids whom Abello had drawn closer and offered work as models. Abello paid them somewhere in the range of 250,000 and 1 million rupiahs ($17 and $70) for taking part in sex with him and beat the individuals who cannot, Sudjana said.
“We are still investigating whether he has also exploited his victims economically through social media or other internet platforms,” Sudjana said.