Infant suffocates; dies while co-sleeping with mom

1 month ago

San Antonio news, Texas news.

An infant is dead after she accidentally suffocated while co-sleeping in a bed with her mom, San Antonio authorities said.

6-month-old Laylani Florentina Gibbons-Loredo was reportedly sleeping with her mother in bed Sunday evening when the tragic incident occurred.

During her sleep, Laylani rolled onto her stomach and pushed her face against the pillow.

To see also:
  • Kentucky woman arrested after deceased infant found in restaurant toilet
  • The baby could not roll back onto her back because she was too young, authorities said. She suffocated and died.

    Authorities advise parents not to sleep with babies on their couches and mattresses.

    The National Institute of Health added that babies should sleep in a crib or bassinet with only a firm, fitted sheet to cover the mattress.