Missouri mom accidentally puts baby in oven instead of crib causing infant’s tragic death

4 month ago

Kansas City news, Missouri news.

A weeks-old baby died from severe burns Friday after she was “accidentally” put in a hot over according to her mom’s claims.

Mariah Thomas called the infant’s grandparents Friday afternoon to tell them that she mistakenly put her daughter in the oven instead of the crib.

Officers responding to the incident found the child in a car seat near the front door of the home with severe burns and declared her dead at the scene.

To see also:
  • Alcoholic mom tortured, threatened kids; tried to put baby in hot oven: Texas authorities
  • They described “thermal injuries” on the infant’s body. Her onesie reportedly looked melted onto her diaper. Her clothing seemed “very dirty, possibly burned on the backside.”

    “We appreciate all first responders who worked this scene and the prosecutors who went to the scene in order to issue these charges,” Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said.

    “We acknowledge the gruesome nature of this tragedy and our hearts are weighted by the loss of this precious life. We trust the criminal justice system to respond appropriately to these awful circumstances.”