2 maintenance workers die from fentanyl exposure at LA high-rise apartment

11 days ago

Los Angeles news, California news.

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating after two maintenance workers were found unresponsive in mysterious circumstances in a high-rise apartment and later died from suspected fentanyl exposure.

Officers responded to a hazmat call in the 800 block of South Olive Street early Thursday; once at the scene, the building manager requested a wellness check on the two employees after their families said they didn’t return home from work.

To see also:
  • California couple arrested after toddler overdosed on fentanyl
  • The two victims were pronounced dead in the vacant apartment; a white powder was discovered near the bodies.

    “Both of those individuals are maintenance workers here, it looks like they went up into this room last night at around 5:45 p.m. to do some type of work,” an LAPD source said.

    “During the course of the investigation, there was a white powdery substance that was recovered from the room, and it has later tested positive for fentanyl.”