California couple arrested after toddler overdosed on fentanyl

2 years ago

Santa Rosa news, California news.

A 15-month-old girl died Monday from a suspected fentanyl overdose at her family apartment in Northern California, police said.

The toddler’s parents, 26-year-old Evan Frostick and 23-year-old Madison Bernard have since been arrested and charged with child cruelty likely to produce great bodily injury or death. Manslaughter charges are

pending toxicology results.

To see also:
  • Days after he was arrested for daughter’s fentanyl-related death; Paul Auster’s son dies of overdose
  • When police responded to the couple’s Santa Rosa apartment over reports of an unresponsive child, they discovered 2 ½ to 3 grams of fentanyl and paraphernalia on the bed the toddler shared with her parents, and on the floor where she played.

    “The main concern was that the toddler was in bed and in a bedroom that had both paraphernalia for fentanyl and fentanyl in the room and sprinkled on the bed,” Santa Rosa Police Sgt. Christian Mahurin said.

    “Anything from 2 milligrams or more can be considered a lethal dose so, having that much just lying around can be incredibly dangerous.”