3 infants consumed THC-spiked edibles at Virginia daycare: Stafford Co. Sheriff

1 month ago

Stafford County news, Virginia news.

The owner of a Virginia daycare is in hot water after three babies suffered an intoxication after being fed THC-spiked edibles while in her care.

The 60-year-old woman surrendered this week following the March incident when three 1-year-old children were rushed to a Stafford hospital by their parents.

The toddlers were lethargic and had bloodshot eyes after returning home from the daycare.

To see also:
  • 6 students hospitalized after eating drug-laced edibles in Pennsylvania
  • Toxicology tests showed that all three kids had tetrahydrocannabinol, a psychoactive compound found in weed, in their systems.

    An investigation at the daycare revealed “goldfish crackers” around children’s desks; the edibles tested positive for THC.

    The daycare owner was charged with three counts of cruelty and injury to children. She was released after posting a $2,000 bond.