‘Painful Loss’: Tufts University major dies after choking during hot-dog eating contest

2 months ago

Boston news, Massachusetts news.

A Tufts University major and Lacrosse star had choked to death while taking part in a hotdog eating contest during a fundraiser Saturday.

Madelyn “Madie” Nicpon, 20, died at Boston hospital after collapsing at the off-campus event, her friends said.

“Scooter was a true friend and teammate. She truly valued her relationships with her teammates and coaches,” the Lacrosse team said on Instagram.

To see also:
  • ‘Very sweet’ man, 32, admits to beating autistic cousin ‘more than 50 times in an hour’ causing his death for disturbing Netflix time
  • “Her reach was far beyond our team- she was a true connector on campus and touched every single person she met.”

    The New York native was mourned at a Sunday night vigil where candles were placed around her jerseys.

    “Madie was a biopsychology major, a member of the women’s lacrosse team, and an active member of our community,” the university said in a statement.

    “In the face of this painful loss, our hearts go out to Madie’s family and friends.”