Texas boy, 11, who saw snow ‘for first time’ dies hours later of hypothermia

3 month ago

Conroe news, Texas news.

A Texas boy who saw snow for the first time in his 11 years of age had died a few hours later after suffering severe hypothermia, his distraught mom said.

Maria Elisa Pineda said that Cristian Pavon Pineda played in the snow with her for half-an-hour on Sunday and she filmed him frolicking and enjoying the weather.

“Everything was well. He was happy that day. He was not at all sick,” she said.

The pair who had moved from Honduras to Texas two years ago was unfamiliar with the freezing storm and their mobile home suffered a power outage the following morning.

To see also:
  • ‘Incredible sacrifice’: Boy, 10, dies after jumping to frozen waters, saving younger sister’s life by holding her up
  • “By all other means, he was a normal, healthy child,” Conroe PD spokesman Sgt. Jeff Smith said.

    At around 2 p.m. Monday, the sixth-grader was still in bed. His worried mom and stepdad found him unresponsive and called 911.

    “Due to low temperatures seen in the Conroe area, this family went without electricity for two days. The early morning of February 16 dropped to 12 degrees.

    Cristian was found lifeless,” a GoFundMe Page reads.