Toddler dead from drug-overdose, brother positive for cocaine at home where they had access to drugs all day

4 month ago

Baldwin news, Pennsylvania news.

The investigation is ongoing by Pennsylvania authorities after a 1-year-old boy lost his life from a drug overdose while his older brother tested positive for cocaine, news outlets reported.

On Sep. 13, police were called to the siblings’ family house on Oakleaf Road in Baldwin. Upon arrival, they found Thomas Humphreys laying lifeless on the floor.

His mom, Tracey Humphreys, was at the scene while her husband, Thomas Snelsire, was “laying in the roadway,” charging documents mentioned.

Investigators recovered illegal drugs from their basement including several bricks of heroin, cocaine, and paraphernalia. Blood tests of the late tot’s brother, 11-year-old, showed cocaine metabolite in his system.

There was also a large amount of drugs in straw inside his playpen. The children had access to the drugs all day time, the surviving sibling said.

Snelsire and Humphreys were described by officials as “known abusers of pills and heroin.” Two reports have been filed against them this year for drugs and “inappropriate conditions” of living in their property.

They were booked for one count of murder each and several drug violation charges in connection with the incident.