A Clark County Court will again host the grotesque trial of a 39-year-old Indiana man who stands accused of murdering, mutilating, and eating body-parts of his ex-girlfriend back in 2014.
“I’m not guilty of these charges,” Joseph Oberhansley reportedly told officers as they escorted him to court on Friday. However, the suspects had previously admitted to the horrific crimes.
In 2019, a Clark County Circuit judge declared a mistrial in Oberhansley’s case. Now prosecutors have to convince the jury the man was the heartless cannibal who viciously murdered Tammy Jo Blanton, 46 because she left him.
“Photos, horrendous…It’s worse than anything you would see in a horror movie,” Prosecutor Jeremy Mull warned the audience. The graphic evidence would show how Oberhansley allegedly mutilated Blanton’s body after stabbing her in the bathroom where she tried to hide from him.
Several vital organs were missing when police arrived including the heart, brain, and lung. Oberhansley later told detectives he ate them.
“What we’re going to ask you to do is look at it from all sides,” the defense said. “When the evidence says this, I want you to step over here and look at it this way.”