The parents of a 10-month-old daughter who died after ingesting heroin have been charged with murder, according to Delaware County District Attorney's office.
Joseph Milano, 32, and Lauren Semanyk, 34, didn't seek medical help for their daughter after she suffered intoxication caused by drug ingestion.
When authorities responded to the alert, the mother told them the infant slid under the water while taking a bath. The baby was not breathing and had no pulse. She was pronounced dead less than hour after she arrived to the hospital. The parents admitted that the child was playing when the father discovered her with a piece of blue wax, in which the drug was packaged.
The parents hesitated to call police and performed CPR on the baby, wasting precious time before calling police.