Amazon robot accidentally tore can of bear spray in warehouse; 24 workers hospitalized

11 days ago

More than two dozen Amazon workers in New Jersey have been hospitalized after a robot accidentally tore open a can of bear spray in a warehouse.

The Twenty-four workers were taken to five local hospitals with one of them in a critical condition and another 30 workers treated onsite.

The investigation revealed that "an automated machine accidentally punctured a 9-once bear repellent can , releasing concentrated Capsaican," which is the major ingredient in pepper spray.

Retail, Wholesale and Dt Store Union issued a statement about the incident:" Amazon's automated robots put humans in life-threatening danger today, the effects of which could be catastrophic and the long-term effects for 80 plus workers are unknown."

The company said safety of employees is always their top priority.