Second victim of exploding e-cigarette dies in Texas

13 days ago

Forth Worth news, Texas news.

A Texas man has been killed last week after the explosion of his e-cigarette that sent the charred debris into his face and neck, slicing open his carotid artery.

William Brown, 24-year-old, died from penetrating from an exploding vaporizer pen according to a medical examiner. He was not a regular smoker but was told that a vape pen would help treat his asthma. "He popped it and it exploded," said his grandmother who witnessed the incident. "When they X-rayed him, they found the stem, the metal embedded to where the blood flood flows up to the brain."

The victim managed to leave the blood soaked vehicle, headed toward the trunk and collapsed on the pavement. He was about to celebrate his birthday in just two weeks. "Now, he'll never see that birthday," his grandmother said.