Almost a week after Jussie Smollett announced that he had been attacked by two masked men, his family and the Chicago police treated the fact as a hate crime, the star of the Empire broke his silence on Friday.
In a statement, Jussie Smollett, 36, said he felt better and thanked "the flow of love and support" he received after the attack.
Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielm said on Thursday that the investigators had found a surveillance camera for Smolet who was coming home with a rope around his neck. He added that the video was recorded minutes after the actor said he was attacked.
Smollet said he still plans to do a show at sold-out concert at the Troubador, a legendary music venue in West Hollywood, California.