5-year-old girl hospitalized after she “accidentally tripped and fell” into a fire pit.

2 months ago

New Jersey news.

A 5-year-old girl was hospitalized over the weekend after falling into a fire near her home in New Jersey, officials said.

The child was burned in the second and third degree on the face and arms. Paramedics had taken her to the St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston shortly before 4:30 pm Saturday.

Demarest authorities stated at the point of sale that she had been treated on site and "stabilized" before being transported to the hospital's burn treatment center.

There was no immediate word on the condition of the child early Monday.