65-year-old driver almost lost his life in dangerous road rage incident.

7 month ago

Massachusetts news.

A 65-year-old Massachusetts man almost lost his life while involving in a serious road rage incident that earned him an appointment in court.

Police say 37-year-old Mark Fitzgerald, of Ashland, and 65-year-old Richard Kamrowski, of Framingham, got into a minor side-swipe collision Friday as they traveled on Interstate 90 Westbound in Weston. Kamrowski jumped onto the hood of a white Infiniti SUV that belonged to Fitzgerald after a verbal altercation the collision.

State Police said Fitzgerald took off, reaching 70 miles per hour at one point, stopping and accelerating when Kamrowski didn’t get off his vehicle. “He kept going fast, slow, fast, slow tried to get me to slide off,” Kamrowski said.

"I just kept telling him, 'Stop the car, stop the car,' and he wouldn't stop" Kamrowski later told reporters. "I thought he was going to run over me."

He was hanging onto the hood of the car for about 3 miles.

"Fast, slow, fast, slow. Trying to get me to slide off," Kamrowski said. "I wasn't getting off the car."

police said Kamrowski cracked the windshield with a water bottle he took from the car during the altercation. But the Infinity continued “for about two to three miles” and only came to a stop after other motorists forced Fitzgerald’s car to a stop and helped the man.

By the time state troopers arrived at the scene, the SUV was halted. No one suffered injuries. In the video footage, one motorist could be seen ordering Fitzgerald from his car at gunpoint. Police confirmed the man was licensed to carry the firearm.

Fitzgerald is under arrest on suspicion of assault with a dangerous weapon, negligent operation and leaving the scene of a crash with property damage, state police said.

Kamrowski is facing a charge of disorderly conduct but knows things could've turned out much worse.

"When you're hanging on for dear life, it's, you know, pretty scary," he said.

Both Fitzgerald and Kamrowski are scheduled to appear in court Monday.